Monday 1 November 2010

daily update, and Berlin part two

Lovely Monday!
Just figured out that to hours of math class was cancelled today. Sweet! So now I'm home, enjoying a proper lunch with a hot cup of tea.
Amos Lee, is playing in the backroud. Very nice.

Long time ago I promised I'd tell you about my evening in "Deutsche oper" in Berlin.
Well as I've written earlier, I was going to see the ballet "Swanlake".

I was very ecxited, I'd been told by many that the Germans way of preforming a ballet is magnificent. That It was beyond perfect actually.

So we drove to the opera, and got the chance to see Berlin in lights as well. It's was so great.
We lived in east Berlin, so we had to drive all the way to west Berlin, where the opera was. That means we had to drive on "Unter den Linden". Trust me, you feel so small sitting in a cap, and driving on that road. It was insane, because it's such a beautiful road.

  • So we got to the opera in time. And gosh it was big. The germans do have a different "dresscode" whem they're going out. They are dressed very nice, women in dresses (or skirts) and men in blazers/jackest etc. It's not like beeing in "The new Theater" in Denmark, where people are dressed cozier, compared to the German Opera. :) (Just my experience)
  • We had a little time to look around in the opera before we had to find our seats. I got a great one, so I was able to watch the whole stage. Wauw.
The ballet was so very amazing! Everything was beyond PERFECT. the music, the dancers, and the audience.
In germany (apparantly) you don't talk during the show, and if you do, people will tell you to be quiet.
But everyone broke that "rule" in second act, and began shouting "bravos" and big applauses during the sccenes.
IT was a fantastic experience! Exactly as I was told it would be.
The germans really knows how to do a show. I was blown away!!!!

I'll be working on my dress today as well, hopefully I'll be able to finish it within this week, so you can see the final result!

Cya ;)
Peace out,
//Sara

2 comments:

  1. Actually you dress really nice in the new theater.. If you ever have the chance to go to London, you'll see cozyness !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right, its way more cozy in London :) I only write cozyness about the new theatre , because i've "seen and felt" there was another dresscode, when you werent at a premiere, where everyone are dressed Nice :)
    But there are some WHO dress Nice at the new theatre of course, but Ive experienced the new theatre As"more chilled" than the german opera:)
    - but i'll agree with you saying the theatre in London "takes the prize":)

    Hope it explained ny "sentence" a little :)

    ReplyDelete